Roasted Tofu with Red Pepper–Walnut Spread
- 1/2 olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 package firm tofu, drained (12–14 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tablespoon Aleppo pepper or hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
Ingredient Info: Aleppo pepper, a slightly sweet Syrian pepper with a moderate heat level, is available at some specialty foods stores and wholespice.com.
Heat oven to 425°. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
Slice tofu into 5 pieces. Place a double layer of paper towels on a large plate. Lay tofu on towels in a single layer. Cover with another double layer of paper towels and top with 2 plates; set aside to drain, 10 minutes.
Whisk together 1 Tbsp. oil, garlic, yogurt, salt, Aleppo pepper, and cumin in a medium bowl. Add tofu and turn gently to coat. Lay tofu slices on prepared baking sheet and roast until slightly puffed and browned in spots, 20–25 minutes. Reserve 1 slice tofu for Bulgur, Tofu, and Kale Salad.
Sprinkle roasted tofu with flaky salt, if using, and serve with red pepper spread.